CMYA is open for entries.
You can set up your username and password here and use our online entry system to build your application.
Online entry process
- Step 1: Register yourself online with a username and password (this is for the person who is entering the awards)
- Step 2: Complete your entry form.
- You can complete your application bit by bit, saving as you go along and logging back in with your password.
- Remember the competition is about you, your values, your experience, and your skills. The project is a way of demonstrating how your skills and experience enable you to deliver a great project for your client. The project itself isn’t up for an award. You are.
- Step 3: Press the ‘submit application’ by the 12th March 2018
- March: Assessment of application forms
- You will be informed in April if you have made it to the next stage
- April/May: Site visits
- Judges will visit your site so you can talk through some of the key aspects of your project
- May/June: Interviews
- If successful to this stage, you will be invited to London for a formal interview. You are able to bring a supporter (client or line manager) with you to support you with a maximum of 4 within the interview including yourself.
- July: We announce the finalists
- If you are successful to finalist stage, we will invite you to a Finalist Evening Drinks Reception in London in September, where you can hear from previous winners and learn what to expect from the awards night itself
- At this stage, you have proven your competence and are eligible to apply for Chartered Membership
- October 24th: the awards ceremony is held at the Grosvenor House Hotel in London
About the awards
CMYA celebrates exceptional people working in the Construction Industry. They are the only awards that recognise that people are the most important element in delivering projects that achieve the best possible outcomes both for clients and end users. It doesn’t matter if your project is big or small; its purpose is to give you a way of evidencing the values, skills and experience that make you a top class Construction Manager.
CMYA is totally free to enter and the reward for those who make it to finalist stage or win medals is immense. It is a career defining moment that adds value to you as a construction professional and your company in terms of demonstrating the quality of their people. For those who make it to finalist stage, you have demonstrated your compliance in order to apply for Chartered Membership which in itself is a huge achievement.
Speaking of the 2017 Overall Construction Manager of the Year, CIOB President Rebecca Thompson said Margaret Conway was an inspiration for anyone thinking of entering the industry.
“As well as remaining in control of the immense technical and logistical challenges of her day job, her inclusive style has encouraged young people to get involved in construction,” she said. “We will watch her career with interest.”